WHAT IS A DROP DOWN LIST? One should know, How to add a drop-down list in Google Sheets?
A dropdown list is a graphical control element that looks similar to a list box. It enables a user to pick a value from a list of options. Dropdown lists that are static display a single value, not a dropdown list. One should know How to add a drop-down list in Google Sheets.
To help you organize and sort your data, you can easily add a dropdown list to your Google Sheets.
- Adding dropdown lists to your Google Sheets spreadsheet is a great way to organize your data effectively.
- It is possible to add a dropdown list to Google Sheets using the Data Validation function.
- It is possible to add dropdown lists in Google Sheets based on a list of items or a range of values.
You can still use it to add dropdown lists to your spreadsheets, even if it is free, which usually means you won’t be able to do as much as you normally would.
What you need to do is as follows.
Also read:- How to Acquire & Earn Links That Boost Your SEO
Google Sheets dropdown list: how to add one
1. If you want to create a new Google Sheets project or open an existing one, you need to go to sheets. New.
2. You need to add dropdown lists to the cell(s) that need them.
3. Click on the right-hand side of a cell to select it.
4. Select “Data Validation” from the dropdown menu.
5. Then, in the “Criteria” section, select either the “List from a range” or “List of items” option and then add your items according to your preferences.
6. Once you have selected “Show dropdown list in a cell,” click “Save.”
As soon as you do this, you will see a down-carrot appear in the cell or cells that you selected.
In that case, you would see the options you added – either a list of items from a range or a list of items you added – and then you would be able to choose from those options to set the cell.