Individuals can make payments through Paytm in various ways. The fintech firm recently added a Tap to Pay feature to allow users to make payments using their Android smartphones. This feature works similarly as Google Pay, to make purchases at the Point of Sale (PoS) machines using NFC technology. Users can make payments without carrying debit cards or credit cards with them.How to enable paytm tap.
The feature also works without an Internet connection, which is extremely useful if your smartphone does not have a lot of network connectivity. There is no way for iPhone owners to use this feature, as NFC payments are locked to Apple Pay, which has not been released in India yet.
You can make use of NFC-based How to enable Paytm Tap to Pay functionality at retail outlets, restaurants, grocery stores, and any other place that accepts NFC-enabled card payment machines. It is required for users to add their bank cards into the Paytm app, after which the cards are ‘tokenized’ so that Users can use them at payment terminals.
In addition to providing the convenience of not having to carry bank cards around when using the Tap to Pay feature, another benefit is that the original bank card details are not shared with a merchant when the transaction is performed.
Check our new article:- How to Setup Fingerprint Lock on WhatsApp
Here’s how to quickly set up Tap to Pay functionality on the Paytm app:
- By visiting the Google Play store, you can update your Paytm app.
- You will need to select Tap to Pay in the Paytm app.
- If you do not have any saved cards, you should tap Add New Card at the bottom of the page.
- When you get to next screen, you enter your card details and click on Proceed to Verify Card.
- You should read and accept the card issuer’s Terms of Service before proceeding.
- Tap to Pay can only be activated once the One Time Password (OTP) is entered.
Here’s how to make payments using Tap to Pay on your smartphone:
- Ensure that your NFC is turned on and that your smartphone is unlocked.
- You must hold your smartphone close to the PoS machine, near the contactless payment logo.
- You must not remove your smartphone until the transaction has been completed.
- For transactions above Rs. 5000, you will need to enter your PIN at the point of sale machine.
- The message telling you that the transaction was successful will appear on your smartphone screen.